Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday - All about....ME!

Ok so here is my first post in Monday theme.

All about : Nikki (that's little old me)

I go by many names Nik, Nikki, Nikstar and Nikki-Noo and DP calls me Stick. I'm 29 and i am looking forward to turning 30.
Why you ask? Just like everyone my 20's have been the best of times and the worst of times (thanks Charles Dickens, actually did he say that?). I'm hoping that i will be able to apply what i have learnt from these experiences into my 30's.

I spent 1 and a half years living in London. It taught me alot and i am sure there will be many a rambling post about those adventures :) Right now i live in the Northern Beaches NSW.Its a beautiful place but wow do we pay to live here. I moved here almost a year ago because my lovely Monkey (John) got a job here and i decided to move with him. Again this has taught me alot as i found it really hard to begin with.

I am the eldest of 4 and have two brothers (Joel & Mike) and a sister (Tessa). Let me brag for a second (please), i am one of those lucky people who actually get along with their siblings. We all actually enjoy each others company. They all live in Adelaide so i miss them all the time. Speaking of missing people i have a beautiful mum (Denise) who has just started a blog http://highteawithdee.blogspot.com/ please check it out. My mum and I are best friends and i am so happy to now have Skype so we can chat. My dad (Luke) is what i like to say is the original Dr Do Little this man has a real gift with animals, which I'm sure my step mum (Lyn) over the years has thought "oh why??" as he will bring home any animal that is sick. My step mum brought me my first Harry Potter book for which i will always be thankful :) . You will find out over time i have a slight obsession with all things HP, hey i cant help it! Its my thing....(actually i have quite a few things). I'm lucky to have all my grandparents but 1 and enjoy writing letters to them. There is something about a fresh piece of paper that brings me happiness (am i creeping you out by my weirdo ways?)

Friends as time goes on you realise what it means to have a friend and what it means to be a friend. I'll go into more details about them when i post about them. If you know what i mean.

How i make my money. I'm a Childcare Assistant. I love working with children and their families. I feel very lucky that i have found an area i enjoy working in. If I'm honest (which i am and sometimes to a fault) working in a childcare centre is not my dream job but working with children is. So i need to get my diploma so i can move into more of a community/children's role. Like what i was doing in Adelaide that was my ideal field. (and where the pic was taken)

My love....John is the sweetest most beautiful man. I honestly will write lots about love not just ours but all types of it. As i am the most girly girl you will come to know and when it comes to love i just love LOVE :)

Some random things about me....

My favourite colour is Yellow

I dip my chocolate in a cup of tea

I leave tea bags in the sink

I leave peanut paste on the knife and the lid off.

I will cry at the drop of a hat

I will laugh at you if you fall over in front of me

That's it for now. Feel free to ask any questions

3 comments:

  1. I love your honesty... And it amazes me that you also like the look and smell of a white sheet of paper, so do I :) Your entry has inspired me to be a little bit more open on my blog too. Thanks for that :)

    Again love the new look. :)

    Cheers Damaris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment... so happy someone likes it :) Also i love to read that someone else enjoys fresh white paper as much as me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a natural sweetie, your blogs will continue to inspire us to do things and also challenge our old ways of thinking and give us hope, and a bearer of hope is always a gift to treasure xoxox

    ReplyDelete